Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 lbz went out and started it this morning, it fired right up. i came inside to let it warm up and heard it die. went back out and tried to restart and no click or nothing. power to radio dash and everything except no glow plug light or i dont hear my lift pump. checked all fuses were fine. while checking fuses inside by drivers door one seemed a little loose so i pushed it in tight and then i heard my lift pump kick on so i tried to start and fired up fine. shut it off and no restart. tried playing with that fuse some more with no luck. out of ideas.:help

Premium Member
What fuse is it?

What method used to piggy-back the lift pump feed?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the 30 amp fuse. after it sat awhile i wiggled some wires then unhooked the negatives on the battery for a few min. re hooked and the truck fired and ran fine. drove it to my uncles to cut up some deer. anyway went to head home and truck does the same thing. tried resetting the computer again and nothing this time. think it was just coinscidence it worked the first time. my thought is the sylenoid on the started is bad. with the batteries unhooked the lift pump works. with them hooked up it does not. my uncle said the older chevys used to run ignition through the starter or something first? the lift pump is hooked into a fuse under the hood on drivers side thats all i know. im assuming it hooks to the negative on the battery thats why it still works when the terminals are unhooked

Premium Member
Sounds like "Battery Time".
With any electrical problem--always start with the batteries. Be sure they are tested one at a time and when isolated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it was batteries why would it start fine sometimes? replaced igntition switch and it fired fine and started all day. tonight the glow plugs didnt light on first try had to play with the switch then it started. already ordered new starter should be here by the end of the week

Premium Member
I doubt it is the starter.

Sounds like "Battery Time".
With any electrical problem--always start with the batteries. Be sure they are tested one at a time and when isolated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts