Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet 3500 crew cab extended bed dual rear wheel
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIME MARK FRI EVE 14 Jan 2022

2013 3500 crew cab "DUALIE". Cranks fine - will not fire. My "reader" comes up with "P2510 "eng. control ignition relay feedback".

Problem with that is.....is my "reader" nuts...throwing me off... my Duramax dosn't have an ignition!

There are fuses labeled ECM fuse no. 11 that is labled "ECM batt" & #53... but changed it...so that isn't the answer.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Maybe if you read the attached, it will make more sense to you. Your reader may be giving you a generic description, vs the ones that would apply to a Duramax. Your Duramax has an ignition switch and other ignition components similar to a gas powered car. You may not want to attempt repair yourself, but at least being able to have some education can be very helpful. Fuse numbers and descriptions change from time to time, year to year, so don't let that bother you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet 3500 crew cab extended bed dual rear wheel
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WILL CRANK BUT NO START problem, cont:

Many thanks to Mr. Nielson for his trying to help.

While his info. deals with an earlier model, the issue is the same. As a side-note, my mistake...looking more closely at the fuse diagram, Fuse # 53 most certainly is labled "IGN". (with the preface "ECM").

He also notes that the "0BD2 readers" available to the public may not be giving us correct info. Major litigation is under way at this moment, over the question of whether manufacturers can block anyone but them and their agents from having access to the info. in vehicle "on-board" computers.

In my own case, I am fortunate to be reasonably close to the GMC dealership/service facility in nearby Prescott, Arizona. On more than one occasion, I have had my truck act up, show me codes, then, when the computer is re-set, show "no-codes"...took it to that dealership where their techs. spent time with their "proprietory" 0BD2 readers, couldn't find anything wrong, and then REFUSED TO BILL ME!

Here's the problem. My truck is now starting and running normally - no codes, no "engine check" lite on. What's going on? Simple trick all Durmax operators should be aware of. Getting codes? Truck acting up? your "store-bought" 0BD2 reader isn't doing what you think it should. DISCONNECT THE BATTERIES ! Leave the truck "electrically dead" for a few minutes. That's what I have had to do on several occasions when the $%$%($*( computer has acted up in the past.......hooked the batteries back up, and presto....truck running normally, reader shows no codes.

As a side-note, it should not surprise anyone with any degree of familiarity with how crazy the industry is, that they call electrical parts related to a diesel engine..."IGNITION".! Of course we have no ignition systems...meaning...no "spark-ignition" systems....only electrical systems related to the various systems delivering diesel fuel to the motor. Why call them "ignition" as opposed to what they are - FUEL DELIVERY system? Of course there is no answer, any more than there is, for example...to the goofy calling alternators 'generators"....as GM did for several years after the 1963 change-over from generators to alternators!

Remember..."they" can kill us, but they cant eat us....and dont forget to be courteous and respectful to ducks...a duck COULD be someone's mother....!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts