Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a shudder feeling at about 1500 rpm right before it shifts from 1st to 2nd. Under load its more of a shake though the whole truck. To me it feels like the trans. Today they hooked the scanner up to it and drove the truck nothing came up on the scanner. Checked u-joints and there good. Now there saying it may be normal being that its a 3500. I call bullshitz. I took the service writer for a ride in it this morning and he said something is certainly wrong. But now that nothing shows up on there "very sophisticated scanner" Its fine. They are keeping the truck overnight and going to try and see if there are any bulletins tomorrow GMs web site was down today. Has anyone else heard of this issue.. 2008 3500 13000 mi

·
Registered
235 Posts
Must be play on drive shaft, silent blocks that holds engine or transmission or cardan(s).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the guessing game has begun. After the dealership talked to GM they think that the rear pinion angle is off. Dealership had to order shims. So i take the truck back next Wednesday.
I still feel that it has something to do with the trans because it is more consistent at a certain RPM and not MPH. I guess well just wait and see

·
Registered
263 Posts
if they cant figuer it out, claim a lemon law, on them.
I would also take it to diffent dealers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after another attempt at the dealership My truck still was not fixed. They shimmed the rear axle, center carrier bearing and transfer case. It did help some. So I came home and scoured the net for answers. I found out that it is a common thing in the cclb. Its called shudder launch. I crawled under the truck to see exactly what they did. They shimmed the center carrier bearing with the type of shims you would use to shim the upper A arm. leaving the rubber around the bearing 3/8 away from the cross member. So I replaced the shims with a 3/8 X 2 flat bar and the problem is fixed. I do have on other question though. The dealership installed the shims (4 deg) on the rear axle with the thicker part to the front which increased the ujoint angle. I would think you would want less of a angle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a new to me 2009 cclb 2500hd ltz doing exactly that. only with the 5th wheel on it. unloaded no problems i think I'll give this a try. thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Go to a different dealer. I had to go to three before I found one who would even admit that tons of black smoke out of a stock LMM was abnormal. Most are absolutely stupid, yet think they know everything about trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts