Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my 05 cc drw in the other day for a few problems and this is what I got

1 was the stupid knockin noise coming from the steering colum/shafts when I hit little bumps make a new truck sound like and old pos, this was the second time for this and on the paper work it said they replaced with a new upgraded shaft!!! well I think it may be worst now and it looked like the same ols shaft. at least when they "greased it " the last time it went away.

2 as most of you lly guys know there is a bulliten for the air box ( kind of a bandaid for the running hot while pullin hard in the heat) They are supposed to put the air box from an 06 truck on and then it will take in air from outside of the truck instaed of the hot air undet the hood, well The paper work read that they pulled out the sound deadening mateiral from between air box and body. and that is what they did. I am still trying to figure out what that was sipossed to do for me.

3 the other thing they say they cannot duplicate but I hear it on a pretty regular basis, if I try too turn when I am not moving( I know bad to do but sometimes with a school bus for a truck you have too) It will creak really loudly, like people will turn and look (yeah kinda embaerassing when you are in a $51,000 truck). I was in a hurry when I picked it up and I havent been back but I will be heading that way in the morning.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah i know how you feel, 6 times to get a wistle out of my passenger door and now theres scrape marks on the inside of it where they pried the top of the door in to make it seal tighter

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that was my next step. I just don't see why they don't fix it as the bulliten says just put the box from the 06 on just as it reads. they say I need to duplicate the problem but they wont test drive it with the trailer and the nearst big hills are at least 200 miles from here. and this run hot thing only happened when I was out west in the dryer air.It also leaks from the water pump if I shut it off at filling stations after I have been pullin but I don't shut it off any more ..the dealer said it was the hose leaking and they tightened the clamp...do they make a tool to tighten a spring clamp?? I must be a real dumbass!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know about #2 and 3, but on #1 they should have replaced the lower steering shaft bearing(The one with the green housing). These have a plastic bearing race and it was probably distorted from the previous shaft. I made my own using needle bearings and making a new housing out of aluminum and have had no problems since. lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the problem it was the white collar right under the dash, just as the steering shaft comes out of the collum there is the collar it is loose in its whloe and the shaft is loose in the collar. It is not like I drive the truck on a route with a thousand turns a day the truck only has 37,ooo or so miles now. any how I broght it back to the stealership and showed him the problem ( they should pay me for trouble shooting right!!) and he said he would order the part and call me but I havent heard anything yet and it has been about two weeks maybe more. Another kinda funny thing the water pump will seep if I shut it off after I have been pullin I don't make a habit of this but I have a few times and I traced the leak to the seep whole well I told my old sevice writer about it and we agreed that it needed a new water pump, well I brought it in for that and they said that the lower rad hose on the water pump end was loose and the tighten the clamp. Hmmm how the heck do you tighten a spring clamp??? am I an idiot? the thing is I know the service manager and he treats me like I am an idiot he knows what I do for a living ( I build Jeeps and such for off roading) and if he treats me this way how bad does anyone else get screwed?? and lied too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found the problem it was the white collar right under the dash, just as the steering shaft comes out of the collum there is the collar it is loose in its whloe and the shaft is loose in the collar. am I an idiot? the thing is I know the service manager and he treats me like I am an idiot he knows what I do for a living ( I build Jeeps and such for off roading) and if he treats me this way how bad does anyone else get screwed?? and lied too.
The new bearing should be green, the white one is obsolete(I'm surprised they don't have one in stock). I hear you on your second point, The dealer I WAS going to treated me the same way. Some young kid who thought I didn't know anything. I finally got tired of his attitude and told him, I had been a machinist for 30 years (which is before he was born), and made my own motorcycle parts when I was racing. Then I wrote a long letter to GM and sent it in with my customer survey. And never went back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts