Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
back in february i lifted a cup on Big Golden Delicious and decided to undergo a project idea i had had for a month or so. what follows is not simply a list of things i did to my truck but a chronicling of the death of a legend and the rise to power of a new champion of badassery that will surely become the subject of lore. as i'm not one for boasting, i was simply going to go on about my normal business but after the urging of several members i have decided to unveil it to the duramax world. after all it was Jacques Cousteau who said "those who have greatness within them have no right to keep it to themselves." lol, all kidding aside, i'm very happy of the way it turned out and am proud of the hard work of myself and the kind, generous folks who helped me out.

on my way to a funeral, i witnessed another death

i decided to pull the motor and undertake the install of port/polished heads, grade c gaskets and arp headstuds

turns out number five cup was the one that gave it up

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so we started back in with fresh port/polished heads, new grade c headgaskets and arp headstuds

progress was slow due to various factors, missing hardware, incorrect parts, alcohol....lol

i sent the turbo, injectors and cp3 off to be checked out/refreshed so all new parts would be going in. turns out this took longer than i thought and i ended up needing a new cp3 so a new lbz pump went in the valley and my original pump went up top...all parts showed up on the same day. UPS day is always a great day

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
once we had all the necessary parts installed it was off to the paint booth where andy (baddadiction23) went to work

once all parts arrived, we put our top notch mechanic on it to facilitate a speedy reinstall

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the motor turned out great on the stand

once it was ready, it was time for install

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
pace would pick up even more if you got your mechanic a step stool! lol

that's way too cute.

nice build so far man.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
and finally this weekend we were able to finish the install and get the truck running

and a sneak peak at the secret squirell mojo that gives it the gogo.
ei live by Bob Olson at twisted diesel tuning "adios mother fer"

and the pile of spare parts that are left over after the install

and finally "the proof is in the pudding" video links
[URL=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a438/woller1/VID_20130504_161211_063.mp4][img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a438/woller1/th_VID_20130504_161211_063.jpg[/img][/URL]
[URL=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a438/woller1/VID_20130504_184611_395.mp4][img]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a438/woller1/th_VID_20130504_184611_395.jpg[/img][/URL]

and a big thanks to several members on here for lending me parts i was missing and their sage advise.
and also to the boys at three c's automotive

also here are a couple links to my photobucket albums if you want to check out more photos
Heads Studs And Gaskets Photos by woller1 | Photobucket
Heads Studs And Gaskets Photos by woller1 | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
410 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Motor looks good. Like the colors you chose.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I sent a picture to my father in law, they are still snowbirding in Florida. He commented that it looks like Fla. St. Seminole colors

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amen....won't be much left of this country if we don't start turning things around soon

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Not to sound dumb, but will regular paint like that hold up to the heat?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I think the ironman scheme on the engine looked bad as hell. Great choice.
And the pics of your boy are awesome.
Any plans to make the truck paint match the engine at all?

Oh, and those aren't "spare" parts, they are bonus parts. If everything works and they aren't installed, then they were a bonus.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not to sound dumb, but will regular paint like that hold up to the heat?
Well I'm no paint expert and there's no guarantee that it will hold up but we used a very expensive epoxy primer that, in theory, should hold up pretty well. The gold was done with a rattle can brake caliper paint so it should hold up pretty good too

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the ironman scheme on the engine looked bad as hell. Great choice.
And the pics of your boy are awesome.
Any plans to make the truck paint match the engine at all?

Oh, and those aren't "spare" parts, they are bonus parts. If everything works and they aren't installed, then they were a bonus.
Thanks, it was a lot of work but it was a lot of fun too and the outcome was worth it (I think lol). I am going to try to incorporate some red on the exterior but I'm not sure where...I just don't want to over do it. so far this is the only red on the body. It needs wet sanded and a finish coat but I stuck it on the truck to get an idea of how it would look

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts