Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks...this winter's mods include a banks intercooler, electric fans and a van T-stat housing... if I ever get time

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
sick bro sick!

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Very nice I like the colors not just ironman but very Marine Corp like lol.
My collection of supporting mode includes head studs as well as manifolds and up pipes. now I am concittering pulling the motor as well got any advice since you have done it for pretty much the same reasons?
Note I still have got to pull the transmission for its build as well, before looking here was going to leave the motor in place and do the up pipes with the trans out but that doesn't help with the manifolds or head studs. Oh how the projects grow lol

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Up pipes and manifolds can be done in the truck but I would recommend either pulling the motor or lifting the body for head studs. The best advice I can give you is to take your time and do it the way you want while you have it out of the truck. Believe me, I know all about the ever-growing mod list....lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Up pipes and manifolds can be done in the truck but I would recommend either pulling the motor or lifting the body for head studs. The best advice I can give you is to take your time and do it the way you want while you have it out of the truck. Believe me, I know all about the ever-growing mod list....lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you pretty much what I already knew but it is always nice to hear it from experience:drink
And yes I now know Duramax isn't just a diesel engine it can be an addiction :rofl:cool:
I find myself hiding money to spend on my truck I think I am going to have to send UPS to my dads house or face using the truck to live in :rofl

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Awesome build and paint job. My truck is the Stealth Grey (Blue) and it looks like it matches the Iron Patriot color pretty close -- might have to do something like this some day ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Nice original work man! I think if you painted the bumper in the red, it could give it, kind of, a jaw look- like Ironman's mouth. Maybe just the bottom portion with the fog lights and then gold the chrome.

I think you have to lose all the chrome to either gold or red to tie it together. I really don't think it would overdo it and hey your little Iroman fan is the one to impress on this one.

Shit, then you would be on your way to a sick Ironman rig that they might pay you to bring to all the openings:rofl:rolleyes::thumb- they don't seem to want to stop making that movie.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks for the complement, the body is a work in progress. I have some right side body damage from the last Wollerpalooza diesel fest (shit gets pretty wild around here sometimes) that needs repaired so my body guy recommended a two tone. Burgundy on the top and break it at the second body line keeping the bottom two feet and fender flairs gold. That's probably what we'll go with even though I really want to break it at the first body line just below the cab windows, hood, etc. Money is the main deciding factor.... lol

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.