Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Go with a bigger cooler IMO....it will cost you less and is alot better.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
What is the best deep pan to use on an '07 LMM and who has good prices?
What is your goal going with a deep pan?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning on installing the Transgo Jr kit so we figured we might as well put a deep pan back on it. How's the cooler install?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I went the with larger tranny cooler as opposed to the larger pan. The larger pan just make the temperature say cooler longer and also hotter longer...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Planning on installing the Transgo Jr kit so we figured we might as well put a deep pan back on it. How's the cooler install?
Any reason you want it? What are you hoping it will do?

Cooler install depends on cooler you buy.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Honestly I had lower temps than nothing with the pan....even after many hours of beating on the truck and whatnot.

But I see lower temps with the cooler.....not by a lot....but still its more.

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
So are you recommending against getting the deep pan. I didn't even think about it static warmer longer but that makes common sense. I thought about doing it......really just to be doing something to the truck.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Just go to your local Allison tranny repair shop, anywhere that works on busses and order an allison 1000 deep pan. They are about 60 bucks and look just like the stocker only a bit deeper, they are used on the kodiak and top kick trucks. You will also need a deep filter, 16 bucks.

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Good deal. The ppe is like 280 last I checked. I've got a Allison guy right down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts