Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Im new to DEF how do you get def at the pump at truck stops.
First find a truck stop that has a DEF nozzle, not all do. I like Loves although their fuel prices are high.

You need to walk inside and prepay, tell them the pump number and that you want DEF.

Go back to the pump and if you didn't say DEF only when you prepaid you'll have to pump some diesel first.

Take the DEF nozzle and put into the fill port which is under the hood on my truck. It's got a blue cap.

Fill it up and wash off any spilled DEF.

That's pretty much it.

Go back inside, get your receipt and wash your hands

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Im new to DEF how do you get def at the pump at truck stops.
Sometimes, it's hidden on the Diesel pump. Like a flat roll up door to the side, reveals the nozzle when you slide it open.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Def nozzles at the Truck Stops I’ve tried are too large to fit in the Def port. I just buy the 2 1/2 gallon jugs at Walmart.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The Def nozzles at the Truck Stops I’ve tried are too large to fit in the Def port.
Not that it helps the OP but...They work fine on the 2020's with the fill port in the fuel door.
Just don't be that guy that pumps DEF into the fuel tank or diesel into the DEF

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
If you truck DEF fill is under the hood turn into the pump like this

I always turn the the nossle down before ever bringing it up to the truck. Seems they all have fluid in them being stored pointed upwards.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just don't be that guy that pumps DEF into the fuel tank or diesel into the DEF
Not my first rodeo, so your fears can rest!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The Def nozzles at the Truck Stops I’ve tried are too large to fit in the Def port. I just buy the 2 1/2 gallon jugs at Walmart.
Ditto. Never ran into any issues with the DEF Blue that I've used from Wal Mart or wherever.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
no they are not ! if the nozzle is to big be glad cause you were about to put something wrong in your def tank!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
no they are not ! if the nozzle is to big be glad cause you were about to put something wrong in your def tank!!
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, it would be best to keep your mouth shut. Not my first rodeo, Mr Expert.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, it would be best to keep your mouth shut. Not my first rodeo, Mr Expert.
Touchy, touchy..............he was only trying to give you the benefit of his experience......to try and keep you from having a problem

·
Registered
288 Posts
Touchy, touchy..............he was only trying to give you the benefit of his experience......to try and keep you from having a problem
I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed 🤓

1 - 15 of 15 Posts