Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m DEFinitely not a happy camper.

Bought my 2021 Chevy 1500 3L i6 Duramax with the $20K Black Window package from SCA Performance two months ago.

At 2900 moles I got the Service DEF system immediately and CEL. Took it in for service and was told the exhaust temp sensor failed or was failing. After replacing the exhaust sensor the system was still reporting a DEF system warning. My truck sat at the dealership for a week waiting for a new ECM to be sent from GM.
Last night, at 4500 miles I got a check engine light on my way home from Costco and an error code P208B sent to my email.
When will this end? Does GM really expect us to pay $76K for a vehicles that’s gonna be in and out of the shop monthly?

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,658 Posts
It's not just GM, unfortunately. The Big 3 all have issues with the emissions controls on the diesel trucks. When a sensor misbehaves it causes lots of headaches.

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
575 Posts
As I overheard.. “go hug a tree”…

write your so-called elected officials. Tell them the same

·
Registered
237 Posts
That much money for blacked out windows? hehe Sorry about your luck. Once again i am going to hug my lmm tonight

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Doesn't matter how much you pay. Hell even the Audi/Jokeswagon & Benz diesels are having similar issues.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yup. Makes you wonder if there couldn't be an easier system. Likely, they make it complicated with all these checks that eliminate the possibility of any modifications. Also wonder, how much price the system adds to the price of a truck. 5k? 10k? got be in that range. Not only the price of the system but all that R&D they need to pay for.

·
Premium Member
2013 GMC Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4
112 Posts
Yup. Makes you wonder if there couldn't be an easier system. Likely, they make it complicated with all these checks that eliminate the possibility of any modifications. Also wonder, how much price the system adds to the price of a truck. 5k? 10k? got be in that range. Not only the price of the system but all that R&D they need to pay for.
I’ve read that precious-metal NOx catalysts exist for diesels, which do not require DEF. But they are more $$$ than the (non-precious-metal) SCR and DEF systems. They can also plug/foul like the DPF if not allowed to regenerate. Some folks would probably pay extra not to have to deal with the DEF systems though.

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,658 Posts
That's an interesting thought, though. Did the price of the diesel option increase significantly between the LBZ and the LMM or LML? I've never bought brand new so I don't pay much attention to how much the diesel option costs from the factory.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
GM, Ford, Dodge, Mack, Cummins..... They all are in the same boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts