Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went into my local dealer and described my problem. I explained the speedometer acts like it sticks, and or does not work at all. The tac does the same and now the indicator for the battery is acting up.

They told me they had a GM note on the problem but my truck was past the 70 thousand mile warranty. I explained that the systems appeared over a year ago but would disappear for weeks or months at a time and have only recently acted like Russian roulette, you don't know what your going to get when you start the vehicle

I told them I received the info. on the injectors, and glow plugs why not this problem. This information was also given to the GM customer service rep., still waiting for his reply.

Anyone else experience this, and how did you resolve this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
My 2000 cargo van had the same problem, had to replace the cluster.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
all chevy's have that problem. I have replaced my fair share of them.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
There was a policy letter that came out and if you are ofer 70,000 miles you are basically screwed. I just bought a white face guage cluster for my 04 from us speedo and was done with it.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Tell them you didn't receive their letter and that they should stand behind their [email protected]#t. How can you know to bring it in if you didn't know about the mileage limit. They are getting sued for this same issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted a reply as a update on this subject.

I did get a refund for the replacement after talking to customer service @ GM. I had 87000 prox. and asked why I didn't rec. the letter. advising of problem. I have ltr on injectors and glow plugs, why not this info.. I had this going on for a year or more, way with in the milage limit. At first the systoms were almost none existent, but just before I had it repaired it became very noticable, and I thought it would be a simple fix not the whole thing.

If you do not ask, as I said in my earlier post, you will not get any help.
Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts