Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 3500 srw and when stopping at a red lite theres a clunk that you can feel about 3 to 5 seconds after coming to a complete stop iks this just the trannie shifting to first.I didnt feel this happen at first but it may have been happening all along,its not that bad but deffinatly noticable.

·
Registered
686 Posts
time to sell..lol...turn the radio up to

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are you sure its not something in the bed of your truck? I seem to remember seeing something similar a few months back and it turned out to be something in the bed, but sounded like from the tranny.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
If it happen when you stop and then release the brake pedal a little---- it may be the slip yoke on the drive shaft. However, the driveshaft yoke problem usually shows when you stop and then takeoff.

This is a easy fix -- remove the driveshaft -- clean the center splines and yoke and then relube. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Please let me know if you figure it out. Mine just started doing the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago. I do not drive it very often maybe a day a week. Very strange though because it is exactly as you said. I come to a complete stop and then about 3 seconds later I hear and feel the clunk. The first time it happened I thought someone hit my rear bumper lightly.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Isnt the yoke problem only on Crew cabs? The ext. cabs dont have the slip yoke, right?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Isnt the yoke problem only on Crew cabs? The ext. cabs dont have the slip yoke, right?
My EC has a two piece driveshaft- and I believe that many trucks do also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts