Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i did it parts will be on door step tomorrow, H&S xrt pro and MBRP 4 inch :D :thumb.
The question is do i need to do anything special , are there any tranny lines or wires or anything that i need to remove plug off or just move out of the way on my 2010 LMM ? And how hard is it to get the stock exhaust off the truck ? Going to try and keep it one piece .Thanks

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
get a sawzaw with a lot of strong blades and start cutting. The bolts were freaking baked onto my exhaust I had to cut everything. The only things you'll have to mess with are the cables that go to the DPF, just unplug em and hide em somewhere. I just taped mine around the frame or something I can't really recall. YOu're going to love it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it resonate in the cab , my friends cummins is so loud in the cab i wont ride in it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK i did it parts will be on door step tomorrow, H&S xrt pro and MBRP 4 inch :D :thumb.
The question is do i need to do anything special , are there any tranny lines or wires or anything that i need to remove plug off or just move out of the way on my 2010 LMM ? And how hard is it to get the stock exhaust off the truck ? Going to try and keep it one piece .Thanks
If you are going to try to keep the stock pipes intact, it will be much harder, but not impossible, I did it that way. I had to jack up the passenger side of the frame next to the rear axle, to create more space between the frame and the rear axle to get the rear section out in one piece without cutting it. To get the front section off I cut the nuts off after one of them broke, easy fix with new bolts if needed. And I just twisted and turned the DOC until it came out. The DPF, middle section came out easy. Tape the connections up real good, keep the metal lines and plugs still attached to the exhaust pipe when you remove it. I'm just an hour or so up I75/64 if you need anything. Chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
Will it resonate in the cab , my friends cummins is so loud in the cab i wont ride in it.
What exhaust system did you go with? Mine is no louder than it was stock inside the cab. Outside is where it's different!:gearjamin Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the 4 inch MBRP , I had it on my 04 and i couldn't tell a difference in the cab at all

·
Registered
379 Posts
Got the 4 inch MBRP , I had it on my 04 and i couldn't tell a difference in the cab at all
You'll be fine, nothing like a rattling 5.9CTD! I can't stand to ride in my brother in laws 5.9. TOO DANG LOUD!!!! The MBRP I heard on an LMM locally was a tad bit louder than my Magnaflow, but not by much. Enjoy your new ride, it will ride completely different. Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chris I really appreciate the input and if I need anything i will give you a holler ,

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just did mine a month ago. I did a straight pipe no muffler and love it. I just hear a nice rumble in cab at speed

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks Chris I really appreciate the input and if I need anything i will give you a holler ,

Mark
No problem, I've done a couple since I did mine, all are doing fine, just make sure you seal those electric plugs up nice, water in them can sometimes cause issues with the truck after the delete. Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the input .
Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts