Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the stuff to delete my LML a few months back and finally getting the time to do it tomorrow. Can't wait to hear and feel the difference. Any tips I should know about removing def tank or disconnecting harness under hood? Tuning with motor ops.

Joel

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. That's what I was planing on doing. Just want to keep intact enough to put back in if needed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, my plan was to keep my stuff intact too. That lasted about 40 minutes, now my old system is in 6 pieces in my garage haha. Definitely have a second person there to help you out

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it all done by 1:30 and took her out for a test drive. That's pretty dam nice. Motor ops tune runs great!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone get the message poor def when they turn there key on?After I start the truck it goes away. Other then that the truck is awesome.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wait until the exhaust hangers get stubborn, just cut the tip off the hanger!
Spray a little lube on the hangers and they slide out with little effort. Work smarter, not harder...

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Lol sawzall the tips off, no effort :D

I did try some lube, wouldnt let loose, they were cold though, not alot of give in them. I imagine if they would have been warm, they would be more forgiving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one of those tools and didn't have to use it. The truck has not been through a New England winter so every thing went well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts