Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running it on the econo tune (60+hp) for about 4 weeks now. I'm playing around with the tuner, and I put it on the next tune (80+hp). Now, the manual says not to tow in this mode. It recomends towing in the 40+hp tune. in the near future I'll probably not tow more than 2k to 4k. Should I, change the tune before I tow, or just be aware of the "throttle position sensor" as TYREBOYZ puts it?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I've been running it on the econo tune (60+hp) for about 4 weeks now. I'm playing around with the tuner, and I put it on the next tune (80+hp). Now, the manual says not to tow in this mode. It recomends towing in the 40+hp tune. in the near future I'll probably not tow more than 2k to 4k. Should I, change the tune before I tow, or just be aware of the "throttle position sensor" as TYREBOYZ puts it?
thats it..i would say a good rule to follow is to run 90hp to 100hp on your stock tranny if you want a long life for it but if you do it right you can run more,like right now i'm runnin my LBZ on a 100hp over stock setting and towing 4 to 5k pounds and never have trouble but you gotta have self control and no WOT shifts with that kinda power on hand..i wouldn't recommend more then 90hp for towing and if you tow real heavy drop down to the 60hp and below.hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks chief. I'll keep this in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts