Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Just changed the pgm on my fathers 04.5 lly 6.6 duramax to the 65HP 110LB's of thrust with the diablo sport predator and noticed it shifting somewhat different. Anybody have this observation? Also, he is going to pull his 11klb rv occasionally, and I noticed the instruction said you should limit towing to 8K with that setting. He told me about the RV after we uploaded the program. One other thing, at what point do we really need to consider changing exhaust? My father wanted some more efficiency with his factory duramax and after talking to others, we decided on the diablo sport.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes the tranny will shift weird for a little while after uploading a new program. The allison has to relearn again for the added power. As far as towing...I would back down the predator for that or just be really careful and don't get into the throttle too hard or the tranny will most likely go into limp mode. I would also install and EGT guage. As far as exhaust....it is a good idea anytime you add extra power. The big restriction in the exhaust is the cat, but there are other parts that you have to buy so it doesn't throw codes. One cheap thing that you guys could do to help a little if you don't want to spend a lot of money is to remove the muffler. With the cat in place, the truck will not be much louder and it should cost less than $100 to have some place cut out the muffler and weld in some pipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts