Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 2500 HD on a Pro Comp 6" with 35" Tires. The airbox is stock, has a DPF back Exhaust, other han that, drivetrain is stock. Has 26k on it.

The trinity has the Towing Tune, 60 Tune, 80 Tune, 100 Tune. I ran the 80 half of the day today, switched over to the 60. Both are quite a big difference in the stock configuration, but I really like the 80 better. Is it safe to run the 80 with stock tranny and 35's for a long period of time? Not sure what these Allison's can handle before grenading. Thanks in advance.

ANIVNM

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
?

Wow, did I post this in the wrong forum? Nobody has any feedback?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Your good bro. I ran my 160 tune for about a year and then my edge on lvl 5 for a full year before that... i finally did my tranny in after i started running my 200+ tune. haha... typically 100 is the "safe max" hp there is. If anything just watch the 4-5-4 shifts...

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Stock is safest, but there are a lot of guys running similar setups with minimal issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, much appreciated. Thanks for your time and feedback.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would run the 100, just don't want to limp the tranny. I thought 450 was about the max these Allison's would handle?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Its more about how you drive the truck than what tune is loaded.

If you beat on the truck all day, eventually you'll likely have issues with even the 40 hp tune, but if driven sanely, the 100 HP tune should be fine.
Many of our customers choose to run the Extreme tune as they get their best mileage from it.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike,
Thanks for chiming in. I do not have an option for the extreme tune, so I am assuming you are speaking if the 100 tune?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts