Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the cheapest or easiest way to swap my 5 inch exhaust to a 4 inch exhaust is?

I have the 5 inch straightpipe exhaust on my truck but id like to switch to a full 4 inches. I simply dont want the 5 inch rumble anymore.

I spoke to a guy at Diamond eye and he said itd be more expensive to buy the 4 inch piping from the front pipe back. But he couldnt get me a price

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trade with someone local. Although I doubt you'll really hear a difference. I've had both and can't really tell a difference
I'm mainly wanting the raspy tone difference from it

·
Registered
385 Posts
I know this sounds kind of weird but what kind of tip do you have on it? I have a full 4" system, when I put a 6" tip on it, much deeper and way less raspy. I think Rolled Edge vs. Angle cut also have some effect on sound.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this sounds kind of weird but what kind of tip do you have on it? I have a full 4" system, when I put a 6" tip on it, much deeper and way less raspy. I think Rolled Edge vs. Angle cut also have some effect on sound.
I have no tip on it. I just hate the sound it makes when my truck is shifting and the turbo vanes alter, it sounds like a deep rumble, not a big fan haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.