Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you have to mod the dipstick like the instructions say or is this not necesary. I would like to know what some of you did with your install of this downpipe

·
USMC
795 Posts
I got the MBRP DP and have to mod mine. Took me two weeks to notice that it wasn"t seated all the way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just did mine, you have to finess the bracket, and also cut about an inch off the bottom of the dip stick, it still seals and works right

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is good to know info, I was waiting for the DIY on the install to put mine in, or just enough down time to do it.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
i cut mine. It would take just as much time and effort to bend the dipstick as it would do it the rite way. I just cut mine and welded it back on the tube a little farther down then it was and it worked fine.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just did mine, you have to finess the bracket, and also cut about an inch off the bottom of the dip stick, it still seals and works right
I would think that if you make the dipstick tube shorter it would not read right
because now you made the stick go in the pan an inch deeper than it was from factory just my way of looking at it

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u still aint got those parts on wtf
Dude you know I have been trying to get my bathroom remodel done hows the head gasket coming along thats what I thought

·
Registered
14 Posts
All I had to do is bend the dipstick mounting tabs and it went in with alittle moiving around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:that is a good name
Bend the dipstick a little

1 - 14 of 14 Posts