Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys we were installing my diamond eye downpipe tonight and we have got it on..but we can not get it to fully slide all the way onto the turbo so we can clamp it back down. I need the truck for this Saturday for a trip to Florida so any ideas would really help.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Try and sand down the dp. I ha to do that to mine didn't take much. Mostly I had to get the coating off. It did take me a little bit to get it in but it will go. Good luck and have fun with it.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
i had my trans out when i did mine and that helps a ton but if you dont its going to be tough. I used emry cloth on the dp and the turbo outlet and pushed with a pry bar and wigled it in but it wasent easy!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i didnt know diamond eye made a downpipe for a lb7

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
it was under lb7 that why i was askin i wasnt sure if they came out with one or not

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
fyi usually its not the dp mbrp has a coating that may need sanded but usually the problem is buildup on the turbo side...try to feel in turbo hole...and maby a scotch brite pad on both pieces...but try to turn n wiggle alot too turn it left to right and have one person turn and one push it in really hard from on top

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yeah i was just curious if they did... i wish they would

·
Registered
812 Posts
i used vise grips from flange to flange witch is not the right way to to it and i am aware that i could have broke the turbo houseing but i was very gental with my squeezes i did this after fighting with it for 6 hours by myself in my driveway as a last resort getting the dp to seat fully was a bigger pita than the dipstick was

1 - 12 of 12 Posts