Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my original 5 speed Allison that I am replacing extension housing on at 150k miles. I want to replacethe TQ converter and do full Transgo sk.
Has anyone used Diamond T brand converters. Price is low and Dodge/Powerstroke guys seem to have good reviews

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im sure theyre just fine. Cummins and powerstroke guys seems to use them a decent amount. I might try one down the road

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I tried them. Put the TQ Converter in the truck. The truck pulls real hard at idle like the TC is locked up. I messaged them and they say "Sounds like there may be something wrong with it. What we can do is have you send it in for warranty inspection and once it comes back as bad we can send you a replacement if the converter comes back as good then we charge a rebuild fee."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked them to send another one so I don't have to wait weeks with my truck down and they will not. They also will not send a shipping label. It cost $100 to ship this thing. I would not use Diamond T torque converters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts