Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have read somewhere. I thought it was on here but not sure. I have a 04 GMC. The odometer and DIC seem to work when they feel like it. I know I have read somewhere that is is a board connection issue. That the solder separates or what not. I was hoping to find the how to on how to fix it. I have replaced stepper motors in these clusters before. So soldering or disassembly is not an issue. If some one knows how to repair this issue please advise.

Also I have attached a photo of what the DIC / odometer displays on occasion with the key out of the ignition when I open the door. Kind of freaky.

Please post your thoughts or questions.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I have read somewhere. I thought it was on here but not sure. I have a 04 GMC. The odometer and DIC seem to work when they feel like it. I know I have read somewhere that is is a board connection issue. That the solder separates or what not. I was hoping to find the how to on how to fix it. I have replaced stepper motors in these clusters before. So soldering or disassembly is not an issue. If some one knows how to repair this issue please advise.

Also I have attached a photo of what the DIC / odometer displays on occasion with the key out of the ignition when I open the door. Kind of freaky.

Please post your thoughts or questions.

Thanks in advance.
I’m shocked to see nobody has commented on this here ? Well I am having similar issues with my 04 lb7 also. But mine will stay on language options blinking and won’t respond to push bottom till it settles itself in Spanish or French after 30 minutes to hour of running. This happens every time I start it up. I’ve tried the battery disconnect and then cluster harness then back on but no luck. Wish someone would help out as I’m certain we are not the only ones with this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine does the same. Occasional alien language, mostly nothing, rarely works like nothing at all is wrong. I’m interested in the fix as well. All my gauges are fine. I just have trouble with the odometer display.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I’m shocked to see nobody has commented on this here ?
Have you looked at the information and wiring diagrams here: GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals
Lots of great information. Look for the ELECTRICAL MANUAL for your particular year model. And keep in mind it's pretty hard to troubleshoot electrical problems that may be particular to your specific truck from 1000 miles away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts