Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How accurate is the stuff in the DIC- in particular the gallons used- after mods like bigger injectors?

Mine seems WAY off versus how many gallons it takes to fill up at the pump

i forgot to reset my gallons used immediately when i filled up, did it the next day, only 10 miles on the truck (all city with 1 morning 5-8 min high idle warm up)

my DIC says i used 12.5 gallons to go 250 miles, plus the 10 miles i did reset it but my truck just took 18 gallons to fill up? wtf can they be this far off

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a similar problem in my '06 LLY. When I set my PPE tuner to anything higher then Economy (Towing, Performance) my DIC will say I used less fuel then I did. The fuel used indicator will read 23 gallons but I can put in about 28 gallons. When I set it back to Economy the DIC is spot on for fuel used.

My buddy has the same issue in his '07 LBZ with the same PPE tuner. He said his DIC was showing 21.9 mpg on the third setting.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well just to close a thread for anyone wondering in the future. my gallons used is def off with my 40 overs. for a full tank, it was roughly 3 gallons under what i actually used. closest i saw it was like 1 gallon difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts