Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum, but here's my issue. Seems that my % oil life remaining from the DIC is moving alot faster since I got my EFIlive setup. Before, it would be 7500-8500 miles or so before it would get close to 0%, now, around a couple thousand and it's already at 0%. Is there something in EFIlive than changes the range. Just not sure if this is due to my EFIlive or something else. Any ideas? Chris

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Dont go off/worry about % thing. Go by miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont go off/worry about % thing. Go by miles.
That's what I'm doing now. Just wondering why all of a sudden it would change like that. Twice a year still going to be the norm for me, and just keep checking levels in between. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's what I'm doing now. Just wondering why all of a sudden it would change like that. Twice a year still going to be the norm for me, and just keep checking levels in between. Thanks, Chris
You only change your oil twice a year?!?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Yes. You can change the interval with EFIlive. I have my oil set to 3500 miles and fuel filter warning turned off since I dont have one.

Its table B1405 & B1406. It's in Km so you have to adjust for imperial.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You only change your oil twice a year?!?
Only drive about 12-13K miles a year. Every 6000 miles or so, usually when my DIC shows about 10% life left or at the end of camping season, beginning of season. Usually Fall and Spring. Always checked level about once a month or before a longer towing trip. Rotella T6 5W-40.

Yes. You can change the interval with EFIlive. I have my oil set to 3500 miles and fuel filter warning turned off since I dont have one.

Its table B1405 & B1406. It's in Km so you have to adjust for imperial.
Thanks, I'll look at those tables and see what mine are set at. Chris

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got 1200 miles on mine when I put my efilive in and new filter...thing still says 100%

·
Registered
142 Posts
From what I am told by a deisel mechanic is that the oil life indicator is an extremely accurate system. It measures all kinds of different things that determine your oil life. I listen to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I seem to remember reading about how Gm designed the oil system a while back. If i remember correctly, they logged all kinds of parameters from different vehicles for a couple years and would analyize the oil and the motor. Thats how they determined the parameters for the DIC.

I've gotten up to almost 12k, with 5% still remaining on my 1500. Oil look/felt no different then when i change at 6k.

Doesn't make sense that a manufacture would tell you to do something that would damage the product. Unless thats the goal, to keep you buying cars every 100,001 miles :)

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
Not sure if this is the right forum, but here's my issue. Seems that my % oil life remaining from the DIC is moving alot faster since I got my EFIlive setup. Before, it would be 7500-8500 miles or so before it would get close to 0%, now, around a couple thousand and it's already at 0%. Is there something in EFIlive than changes the range. Just not sure if this is due to my EFIlive or something else. Any ideas? Chris
You're not crazy..I've noticed the same thing. I just reset it and go by my miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts