Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had their DIC, Radio, and Heater stop working? I just finished cleaning my truck inside and out yesterday while it was still warm and everything worked, and I put it back in the garage. Today I ran out to get the mileage and hours, because I keep track of what I've done, and the DIC didn't come on. I have the Bose radio and Dual automatic heater controls, that didn't come on either. I tried hitting all the buttons and such but nothing worked. I checked the fuses thinking something I cleaned shorted and blew a fuse, all fuses good. So I came inside, looked up wiring diagrams (alldata doesn't have all in one diagrams for this truck) for an hour looking for a common thing, with no luck.

My truck has a remote start that only starts the engine and doesn't turn on everything else, but I only tried it a couple of times so I don't know exactly what it turns on and what it doesn't, but this seems similar to starting the truck with that, except I'm using the key. The wipers still work, dome lights still work, power seats still work. It still starts, goes into gear, etc, just no DIC, radio, or Heater.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before I go tear my dash apart. I suspect it has something to do with the remote start, but it is cold out again and to work on the truck at all I have to take it out of the garage (it barely fits).

If noone else has had this problem, I'll just say screw it and go out tomorrow to rip it apart, but it will bug the hell out of me tonight. Or maybe I'll wait until Sunday, it is suppose to be back up to 52 degrees then, today it maxed out at 33.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You might have a bad ignition switch-- use a test light and start checking power--- don't tear it apart until you have an idea what is wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the problem. Pulled the cover off, unplugged the Avital Remote start and everything worked. They have a limited lifetime warranty good for 1 year from purchase date? They also don't offer any wiring diagrams to explain what the 50 wires are that are connected to it. I guess I won't be fixing it or ever buying another of their remote starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts