Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...question for you. I accidentally towed in 4-high for about 11 miles of highway this evening. 70 mph, towing roughly 5k. I was loading the hauler and needed 4wd for a second and forgot to take it off and go into 2wd. Was this bad? I dont think so, just seeing what you all thought. Truck has 39k miles, no known probs. Mods listed in my sig below.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Probably not, I have driven around in 4 high for a while before.I actually had a 91 gmc I drove in 4 high for like 2 months because I broke the rear drive shaft. I still towed with it that way too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a 2004 cc 2500hd gasser that I forgot to take out of 4wd twice on my way home from my hunting lease and drove 80 miles towing my ranger it didn't hurt anything but my mileage.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Haha funny story i did the same thing the length of my trip like an hour and a half drive. I used it to pull out of my friends lot and it had been raining that day so i put it in 4 high to pull the 5th wheel out of the mud. Yeah lets just say I forgot it was in until i got to my destination.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check my fluids tomorrow and see that they are ok. I know Im just being paranoid...prob something almost everyone here has done at some time or another. I've been thinking of changing the front diff and t-case anyway, might just give me a reason to do it.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
I have run mine in 4hi WOT, with over 500+ rwhp for 1/4 mile increments many times...still holding up. :cool::D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have run mine in 4hi WOT, with over 500+ rwhp for 1/4 mile increments many times...still holding up. :cool::D
What are you saying?? Mines not 500rwhp? Haha, it is actully 426 RWHP. Yeah, I thought about all the racers and realized prob. a dumb question. :toilet

·
Registered
153 Posts
We have ran in 4 high for almost 700 miles at about 60mph in one trip due to icy roads. You'll be just fine, no worries.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.