Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You should have gotten an EGT probe with your Edge. Did you buy it used? If not, contact Edge and they should send you a probe for free. You will have to drill and tap your passenger's side exhaust manifold. You don't have to have the probe hooked up for the box to work, but it adds a safety feature that is pretty nice so you don't melt down your engine.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I believe both wires go to the probe. You should be able to pick up a probe from anywhere that sells guages. I haven't had to mess with mine since it was installed when I bought the truck. As far as the tap size, I couldn't tell you. Here is how to do it though: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892

As you can see in the thread, it depends on the size probe that you have....there are 3 different sizes for the threaded part.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You can run level 4 or 5 as long as you drive it sensibly....You do risk limping the tranny, but as long as you stay away from WOT stuff, you should be ok. Limping of the tranny is it's way of saving itself from being fried. But, yes, anything below about 100 hp is fairly safe to run, but that doesn't mean that you can't limp it on a lower setting either.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
What you are hearing is probably some "timing rattle". Nothing wrong with it, just louder. I haven't heard on this "injector slap". the only way that I know to adjust for the "timing rattle" is to run some other tune. the powerpup seemed to have some timing rattle, but it could have been because I was running it with my TST (I was using the TST for guages, but it advances the timing just like edge does when set to stock)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts