Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to find out if the previous owner had a tuner installed in the truck....?

Bought the truck from the dealer with 29k miles and I am just curious.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
what do you mean look through the computer???This is what i've herd......The tuner flashes the stock tune when the new tuner is installed, when the truck need to go bck to the dealer for warrenty repair and you replace with the stock tune, the computer starts its logging over again, so when the dealer looks at the computer and there are hardly any logs then he knows you had a programer?? true? Do you get how im explaining it?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
what do you mean look through the computer???This is what i've herd......The tuner flashes the stock tune when the new tuner is installed, when the truck need to go bck to the dealer for warrenty repair and you replace with the stock tune, the computer starts its logging over again, so when the dealer looks at the computer and there are hardly any logs then he knows you had a programer?? true? Do you get how im explaining it?
That sounds possible! Im not sure to be honest with you. My buddy worked at the dealer as a technician and he said it was hard to tell if someone had a tuner in there truck or not :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
aH WELL it does sound legit, but my dad has had his truck in for injectors 3 times, he jusy flashed it back to stock and we never herd a peep out of the dealer. so im not sure.

·
Registered
687 Posts
29k miles? With no signature, we are not sure what truck you have. I would suspect with that few miles, it would be a newer model. If it has a DPF, then there should be logs of the regen cycles. It is possible any lapse would be easy enough to check. That would rule out if ECM was swapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts