Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.
I need some serious help. This truck has been to the dealer at least five times and each time I get charged $150 for diagnostics. It's an '03 Duramax. I've had diesel in the oil for a long time but the dealers keep turning me away and claim that the fuel line pressure is 160mpa which means that the injectors are ok. So they claim. I had the injection pump replaced and still have 12 qts of diesel after only 800 miles. Checked the lines and they're tight........Now what??? It has been a great truck with 107000miles on it but now she is becoming a thorn in my side. What can I do? Thanks.

PS: Tested the injectors with a snap-on analyzer, injectors 6 and 7 barely make a difference when shutting them off while at idle. Code p1238 came up for injector #6 circuit. Cleared it and all is good but still dumping fuel in the oil. The scanner showed 30mpa on the fuel return line and stated that 30mpa is desired.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Your injectors are junk and I would run to another dealership. Find one that knows how to properly diagnose a diesel truck. Mpa has nothing to do with injectors being good. That only means the CP3 is working fine. They need to do a balance/return rate check.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Injectors are bad. Find another dealer. I'd have any documentation you can find handy for the new dealer showing you have been at another dealer trying to get this fixed. The injectors on LB7s (like yours) have a GM extended warranty good for 7 years/200,000 miles. The 7 years, as I understand it, begins at the date the truck was put in service (sold as new). You are right there. Those things are quite costly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts