Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took your advice and got some Diesel Kleen and put some in at my last fillup. Have used about a 1/4 of a tank and can feel and hear the results already. The motor is running a lot smoother and quieter. Thanks boys. Do you guys add it every fillup?

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Most guys add some sort of additive to their fuel at every fill-up. Diesel Kleen works good as well as Amsoil and two-stroke oil. Stick w/ what you're using, as you seem to like the results so far!

·
Registered
419 Posts
i was using it at every fill up, i only got .1 better on my fuel mileage according to the dtc on the dash, switched to amsoil brand with better results

·
Registered
134 Posts
I add 10oz Diesel Kleen to every fill up. It will pay for its self with better fuel milage. If it cleans and protects as advertised I don't see how you can go wrong. I've heard that the Amsoil is great also but haven't used it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I've been using Opti-Lube. It was rated one of the highest regarding lubrication properties. Been using 10 oz per tank.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I ass 12 oz of 2 stroke low ash tcw-3 oil from wal-mart every tank truck runs great and is extremely smooth very impressed with that stuff.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I add 10oz Diesel Kleen to every fill up. It will pay for its self with better fuel milage. If it cleans and protects as advertised I don't see how you can go wrong. I've heard that the Amsoil is great also but haven't used it yet.
how much milage have you gained?:rof

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I used diesel kleen every tank works good but i noticed my fuel burning faster..so i stopped for a bit.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
i use diesel kleen and can see a huge difference in fuel mileage!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I get about a 45-50 mile range increase. I've heard that switching to synthetic oil increases fuel milage even more. Staying off the skinny pedal is the best, but how much fun is that? Its almost time here in NY to switch to additives with anti gel. Its in the 40's already!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Does cetaine boost help out a whole lot? I ask because I am getting ready to make an Amsoil order and if it's worth it I will get some but If not I'll hold off.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I used diesel kleen every tank works good but i noticed my fuel burning faster..so i stopped for a bit.
Same here. I noticed my gas mileage going down.

But the truck did run quieter and smoother. Happy with the product, but did NOT see any fuel gains as it claims.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I get about a 45-50 mile range increase. I've heard that switching to synthetic oil increases fuel milage even more. Staying off the skinny pedal is the best, but how much fun is that? Its almost time here in NY to switch to additives with anti gel. Its in the 40's already!
Can you switch to a diesel kleen that already contains the anti-gel additive or do you switch products all together?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Diesel Kleen has a winters blend in the white bottle, the summer blend is the grey bottle.

·
Vendor
10,955 Posts
Does cetaine boost help out a whole lot? I ask because I am getting ready to make an Amsoil order and if it's worth it I will get some but If not I'll hold off.
I believe it helps. I have been using it since I bought my truck. It starts better and combined with the AMSOIL fuel concentrate, my fuel economy has improved. Cetane booster is designed to help with fuel ignition quality and reliability.

If I can get you some more information on this or anything else AMSOIL offers and save you 25-35% off retail, just let me know. That is if you're not already working with someone.

Take care,

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
bg additive?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts