Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names matt and im stationed in abline texas at dyess air force base i want to know how to make my truck as fast as i can for as little $ as possible i have an 03 2500 4wd crew cab it already has a 4inch turbo back exaust banks ram air intake and a western performance chip i want to know what else i can do to make it faster it has 131k miles on it

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum..your getting to the end of your stock tranny's strength so i would start saving my $$ and do a stage III or IV Sun Coast tranny w/t 1056 or 1057 TC,the one the thing that you could do is get rid of your chip and do a PPE programmer,just a thought..i have the PPE HOT ET 2 on my 06 LBZ and had it dynoed just last sat and got 420rwhp/760rwtqr(ya it's fast)on a stock tranny but i plan on doing a stage IV w/t 1057 TC this winter so i'm not worried if i blow the stock tranny so i would recommend doing it to a tranny that you want long life out of it..heres a vid of my LBZ Video - 06 LBZ wit the PPE HOT ET 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much does a tranny like that cost i want to run 500 to 600 horse is there any shift kit or anything i can buy that would help it handle that kind of power i only want to stick about 3 or 4k max into it there this kid in my shop with an srt4 that i like to call hot wheels he talks a lot of shit and i just want to prove him wrong about diesles

·
Registered
121 Posts
how much does a tranny like that cost i want to run 500 to 600 horse is there any shift kit or anything i can buy that would help it handle that kind of power i only want to stick about 3 or 4k max into it there this kid in my shop with an srt4 that i like to call hot wheels he talks a lot of shit and i just want to prove him wrong about diesles
Suncoast stage 4 i think cost in between that range 3-4K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
new to the Duramax world i was just wondering will this diesel last as long as my power stroke ei. 235,000 miles on a original drive train until i sold it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts