Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
nope, but I would like to know...although, it probably wouldn't be good for alaska in the winter time since it uses cooking oil I believe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it's got cooking oil as its base. the cummins forum i'm on has a thread going about this right now too. 1 guy says he uses it pretty regular but the other 10 or so said to stay away from it. but they didn't have any actual experience with it. i have a funny feeling it one of those too good to be true things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't do it. Incomplete combustion leading to coking in the cylinders If you want an alternative....make some biodiesel. Its much cleaner and safer for your engine.
Just my opinion

·
Registered
37 Posts
The main problem with that system is that you have to be able to collect all that used fryer oil. Then that oil still has to be filtered, dewatered and stored. By the time this is all said and done you have a lot of time invested. Now I don't know about ya'll but I have better things to do with my time than go around begging for used waste oil. Besides, once these resturant owner's realize they can sell this stuff the cost advantage will disappear.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, ive ran this stuff in my International 806, and its running great, run it in my two duramaxes, and its great, but i use a slightly different formula

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did read them all, i just think people are not doin it right, but like i said ive got a little different formula im using

·
Yep!
4,905 Posts
I do agree with you on that. from all that I have seen and read if you do it like there company says it can cause you some probs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts