Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my duramax a short time, I've had a cummins before and just traded in a powerstroke. The duramax is great but I've been smelling a good strong smell of deisel coming from the front passenger side of the truck when I plug it in at night. I had it checked at two local dealers which pressurized the system and couldn't find any leaks. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
By any chance could the fuel filter(fwater) drain be slightly loose, allowing a slow drip when parked? When running the injector pump would be sucking fuel through the filter any a drip would not occur.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Sounds like when the fuel filter was changed the fuel was allowed to just drip down on the frame. Might have gotten some on the outside of the engine block too. No telling what may have happened. There could be something wrong with your WIF sensor or drain. It won't leak when the truck is running because it is under a vaccuum. It only takes one or two drops to create a smell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts