Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this for all thinking about doing a diesel suburban build. I thought I was dealing with a legitimate guy by the name of Travis Kenney aka CSK (California salvage kings) Most of his hack builds are sold through a company in Georgia by the name of Duramax Specialties, usually seen on Ebay for sale. Do not by one of these builds. Complete hack job. The LMM this joker installed in the burb I bought from him looked like it came out of the bottom of the pile at a junk yard. Completely rusted to all hell!!! The guy is a complete stroke, won’t return phone calls shouldn’t even be in business!!! I’ll post pics and u can be the judges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is what this POS looked like the day I picked it up from him. Keep in mind, this wasn’t some used burb that had been on the road already, he built this for me and this is the f****** engine he put in it!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool but don’t get up close, body lines don’t line up, half the body hardware bolts are missing, paints flaking off after just 6 months. Don’t fall for it like I did guys, they make them look real nice in the pics online but truth be told they buy salvaged out junk, hack it together, put lipstick on it and sell it to some sucker!!!! Like me

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Damn, I have considered something like this in the past and wondered how well they are built from some of the people doing them. The ones from duraburbs are real nice. Occasionally i see others on ebay etc

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Damn, I have considered something like this in the past and wondered how well they are built from some of the people doing them. The ones from duraburbs are real nice. Occasionally i see others on ebay etc
Yes, DuraBurb in Florida does a quality build. And stand by their work.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi guys, I'm the proud owner of a 2007 LMM duraburb put together by Duramax Specialties. Nick does not use the CSK guys anymore and even when he did he sourced the trucks on his own to make sure they came out nice. I've put ~35k on mine and went over every nut, bolt, fluid, and wire to make sure it was done right, and I'm happy to say it was. My truck burns no oil and has pulled my 10k trailer all over this country last summer without a hitch. Don't count Nick out if you need a good truck, he knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes, DuraBurb in Florida does a quality build. And stand by their work.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
In the future I may get one to use for work. He done one that a few years back for a guy and it was for sale on ebay several months ago. Its literally the exact one that I would want. So beautifully built. 05 ish body style, 01 HD front clip, 6" lift w 35's, maroon, and bumpers. Thats exactly what I would want done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOW for the OTHER side of the story.... We at CSK have built over 200 units and this is the ONLY guy that we have had a problem with... We started this build with a front end damaged suburban and told him we would put a GMC or chevy nose on it,,,, he then decided he wanted a GMC DENALI truck nose which cost a ton more but did it at the same price.. The motor had 30k miles and ran like a champ and we told him it wasn't the prettiest but we would try to clean it up the best we could,,, obvious that wasn't good,, so after him threatening me I had another PRETTY motor swapped in at no charge... He picked it up drove it home over 500 miles and proceeded to put a 5 pin controller on it along with performance products, then a month later calls me and tells me the motor had blown a head gasket and that he sent it to a shop and head BOTH fixed and if I didn't pay him 5K he was going to bad mouth me all over the internet...... There was no way to make him happy even though we tried... He WANTED the low mileage motor and then complained so even after replacing it he decided to do high performance mods and then get me to pay.... end of story... sorry he is pissed but after ALL the builds we have done and all the satisfied customers I guess you will always have that ONE>>>>>>>> If you have question regarding our builds call me at 805 801 6575 and we still build all Duramax Specialties vehicles.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY
Ummmmm where should I start?? Its funny how u take to a diesel forum to communicate?? U don’t have the balls to call me? U have your buddy Nick do that!! Just FYI for all out there, this thread is no knock to Nick at Duramax specialities. He’s a good guy just needs to find a new friend!!
So your saying I agreed to have u put a rusty pos motor in this thing and then you’d try and clean it up the best u could??? Complete BS. I assumed a person that has done “100’s” of builds would know what the hell their doing!!! The pictures speak for themselves guys!!! O’ya... motor had 30k on it???? That’s funny cause the contract I signed with u said it had 70k???? It’s just a miracle how u find all these LMM’s with such low miles???? I’ll post that contract for everybody to take a look at. If anybody would like to talk to me about this please feel free to call me as well!!!! (Including u Travis)!!!!! 630-669-1388. (Just look in your missed calls travis u should see that number quite a bit)I’m also still waiting on the $500 dollars u said u would repay me as well, I check my mail box everyday and to my amazement it hasn’t showed up yet!!! Moral of the story guys, u gonna trust a guy that throws a motor into burb that looks like that one did??

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts