Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GMC and for some reason i cant seem to figure out it has a surge when setting at idle and also when im setting at a light the truck wants to move when im on the brake. WTH is the problem no one around here seems to know

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fuel Pressure Regulator I believe is the culprit. Somebody could confirm that.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
180 for the part, you can change it yourself its on top of the cp3

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have the same problem and was told it was the fuel pressure regualtor as well. I haven't changed it yet though. When I started asking for prices I was told $450 for one. Can some one point to exactly what is needed?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yep its the fpr mine does it, been doin it for about 6 months now lol but you can also run 2 stroke oil or an diesel additive and it will fix it for about a week or so sometimes longer but wont fix it for good I think it sounds pretty cool while in idle

·
Registered
263 Posts
try changeing your fuel filter, mine was doing this also changed it and seems to fix the issue. Now it may start doing it again later since i jinked myself.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yup fpr is goin bad. the low sulfur diesel doesnt lube it enough and causes them to fail. There are some vendors on here who can help you with one. I paid 160 to my door for mine in my lbz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts