Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that knows a good mechanic in the Barrie Ont Canada area or north to NorthBay Ontario Canada. I am having a hard time finding someone to work on My LB7 Its Head Gaskets that I need done I have gone to the dealer and Im looking at a month before I can get it worked on. I dont know if It will cause more damage waiting. Never ending..........

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
How close is that to holland Michigan? I know it may not be very close, but Eric Merchant (dmaxallitech) is there and a fine duramax tech from what I understand. He has a site with his phone number on it (gmdieseltech.com). It is an option, but I don't know how good it would be for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
border

That might be a option but the border dont like me much..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I thought I would throw it out there if there was no other option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great

Well the story gets worse Im looking at putting a motor in I have found one complete for 5000.00 and 1500 to install I am going that route since heads was costing me 6000.00 to do the job Its funny I can find a hundered shops to re and re the motor but no one wants to head gaskets. It blows my mind...

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It's because the head gaskets are a pain to change in the truck. You can change them pretty easy when you get it out and probably re-sell the engine to recover some of the cost or just keep it as a spare.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya thats probley what Im going to do Are all LB7's the same I don't have to worry about any difference in years do I.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts