1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
That doesnt look like a diesel

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
if im not mistaken gov agencies use suburbans with either the 8.1 or the 6.0 they would have to have the diesel engine put in them because chevy doesnt sell suburbans with the duramax, they used to have suburbans with the 6.5l diesel though, correct me if im wrong ;)

·
Registered
877 Posts
yepp they used to have ones with 6.5 but the fact that one has a 4 speed auto is a dead give away its not a diesel

·
Registered
88 Posts
if im not mistaken gov agencies use suburbans with either the 8.1 or the 6.0 they would have to have the diesel engine put in them because chevy doesnt sell suburbans with the duramax, they used to have suburbans with the 6.5l diesel though, correct me if im wrong ;)
They use both the 8.1 and 6.0 I'm positive on that well at least in Ohio with ODOT and all the other local government places none are diesel too. And you are correct they used the 6.5 a lot, you can still buy the old ones from the government with the 6.5 and most are in great shape.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ok cool thats what i thought i remember seeing on youtube there is a guy here in florida that will do a complete conversion of tahoes and suburban along with the caddilac counterparts to duramax to bad chevy doesnt do that i think they would sell pretty good

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
they did have a duramax in the works for the suburbans and 1500 i think it was like 4.5L??? and they got shut down because of government motors i THINK

·
Registered
766 Posts
"comes complete with a slick government green paint job" :rof:rofWhat a sales pitch!! LMAO!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
lol yea if i remember correctly they were going to build a smaller diesel engine, think i read about it in diesel power magazine but they said it got put on the backburner because gm was in trouble

1 - 9 of 9 Posts