Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our autocal customers went to the 1/4 mile track last night. He said it was real busy so he only got 2 runs. First run ever was a 13.01 and the second pass was a [email protected]
We had a lot of customers last year go into the 12's with their stock Trans LBZ and LMM, but it sure is neat to see our customer do it his first time out to the track. 2013 should be a fun season for sure!
His truck is a crew cab short bed LBZ running 285's on stock rims and he ran it at full weight.

Congrats Zak! You have one impressive truck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks bob for both mine and his trucks tunes they are both monsters!

·
Registered
839 Posts
No surprize there.Chrises truck you tuned last year went 13.01 also stcok trans, that was his 1 and only run and he had to leave before he could run again but for his 1st time at the track and only 1 run I'm sure it could go in the 12s with a few other runs to get used to the truck.Nice work Bob and congrats Zak.

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No surprize there.Chrises truck you tuned last year went 13.01 also stcok trans, that was his 1 and only run and he had to leave before he could run again but for his 1st time at the track and only 1 run I'm sure it could go in the 12s with a few other runs to get used to the truck.Nice work Bob and congrats Zak.
Chris has a fast truck for a stock Trans too! It's amazing how long these 6 speeds are lasting at high Hp levels!

Thanks bob for both mine and his trucks tunes they are both monsters!
You do a great job getting the trucks setup to race! Very impressive!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got a couple tricks for set up it seems to work good

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Intake, bobos tunes, exhaust, transgo and I would say 500 ish

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lift pump too

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I wish I had the dough for a built trans but this thread shows you can go fast on stock trans. But I'm curious on how long the trans will last with this tuning to run in the 12s.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow that's sweet! Hoping I can get somewhere near there with korys tuning this summer.

I've yet to limp my trans but it would suck to do it at the track that's all I'd be worried about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Was that on max effort time? What HP time were you in for that 12 sec slip?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Trans tuning plays a big part of being able to push it that hard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So he had a tcm tune not just ECM ? Very impressive! I would like to get in the 12s. His 60 foot and trap speed are similar to mine but his 1/8 is much faster!

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
That's quick for a stock truck. I need to re-gear and ditch the 100 gal. fuel tank.

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So he had a tcm tune not just ECM ? Very impressive! I would like to get in the 12s. His 60 foot and trap speed are similar to mine but his 1/8 is much faster!
All our customers tuning includes TCM tuning.

I think the elevation there is around 700ft.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts