Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just purchased my 06 after nitemare experience with other brand, after driving both versions I settled on the LBZ, noticable difference in power and driveability. Other than the huge air cleaner, can someone tell me what are differences that define the LBZ from the LLY? Thanks.:)

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
If your talking all 06 trucks the only difference is programing!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is good to know, a tried and true platform. Not like before. You obviously have experience with the aftermarket, and my previous truck had full blown Banks kit on it. Just curious as to what your recommendations would be for someone wanting to keep it mild, better mileage, and still be able to take it to the dealer during the warranty period without grief.

After researching, it seems that leaving the air cleaner alone, possibly different element, turbo back system, and a programmer that can be removed for those moments at the dealer. Would like to keep the boost and egt guages functional at all times, not possible with the banks kit if module removed. Your input would be appreciated.:cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. My Frist Truck Is The 2006 Gmc 2500 Hd Duramax 4x4. I Love It. I Bought The Truck With The Lly As The Lbz Is Not Getting The Fuel Milage. I Have Gotten As High As 22 On The Highway At 75 And 17 In Town. It Is A Real Pleasure To Run. I Will Be Pulling A 38 Foot Toy Hauler With Two Harleys In It This Summer And Will Let Everyone Know How It Does. I Have A Tandem Lowhauler I Pull Now But The Truck Does Not Know It Is Behind It. This Is The Greatest Rig I Have Ever Owned. It Is A True Pleasure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My LBZ is getting 22-23 highway, and 19.5 around town -- without trying very hard.
And it has 650 lb-ft of torque.

I agree it's the best!
Cal

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do I tell whether my truck is an LBZ or LLY? Honestly I didn't know the difference when I bought the truck and still don't. I have an 07 classic and only have 350 miles on it.

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Look at the 8th digit of the VIN. If it is a 2=LLY, D=LBZ. You probably have the LBZ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, I'll check that out. Like I said I only have about 350 miles on my truck and I've only been getting approx. 12-13 mpg so far. How long is the typical breakin period or when should I expect my milage to improve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 11k miles on the clock and I get around 19-19.5mpg going 70-72mph. I get around 16-17mpg in the city. I have the LBZ with stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mpg

I have 11k miles on the clock and I get around 19-19.5mpg going 70-72mph. I get around 16-17mpg in the city. I have the LBZ with stock wheels and tires.
Is that with the DIC? My piece of shit DIC always says 14-15 for my average. I haven't checked it out by hand yet. It's too cold and I'm running #1 diesel. That's has less power or what?

I was under the impression that the LLY motor came with the five speed Allison in '06 and the LBZ came with the six speed. Is that right? Also, the six speed has the manual shift capabilities?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Some 06 LLYs have the 6 speed.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
The LLY in 06 came with the 6sp with the manual shift option. So basically just different programming between the 2 trucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts