Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sorry if this has been covered before, but I searched and couldn’t find anything. I recently purchased a 2017 3500HD DRW. The manual says the front and rear outer wheels are different. I just pulled the rear outer wheels off to try to clean and polish them. It appeared that they had previously been mounted on the front, so I searched the part number (23467017) that was stamped on them. These show up as front wheels. I haven’t pulled the front wheels off yet, but I’m betting they are “rear” wheels. Can anyone tell me the difference in the wheels (I can see that the valve stems mount different) and if it matters if the front and rears are swapped.

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question. This is my first dually and the different wheels are confusing me.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may have just discovered part of the answer. It appears they may have only polished the “outside” of each aluminum wheel to save some money. It appears one side of the wheel has a machines like finish while the other has been polished smooth.

I still have the question if it is okay to run the fronts in the rear and the rears in the front. It appears they may have rotated the tires due to an alignment issue. One of the tires that was on the rear, but on a front wheel is worn on what would be the outside of it were on the front.

Thanks again,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts