Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Getting ready to change the Differential Fluids in my 2015 D-MAX. Was gonna go with the AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Gear Oil for both Front and Rear Diffs. Do I have to add any additives in with it for the Differential? OR can I just use the Gear Oil alone?

-I'm also gonna change out my Transfer Case Fluid. Wanted to use Transyd for that since I'm already using it in my Transmission. Thoughts on that? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Don't know anything about Amsoil gear fluid...........Most recommend Mobile 1 Synthetic gear lube, No additives needed

Transynd in transfer case is perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
What 407 said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
-Getting ready to change the Differential Fluids in my 2015 D-MAX. Was gonna go with the AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Gear Oil for both Front and Rear Diffs. Do I have to add any additives in with it for the Differential? OR can I just use the Gear Oil alone?

-I'm also gonna change out my Transfer Case Fluid. Wanted to use Transyd for that since I'm already using it in my Transmission. Thoughts on that? Thanks in advance.
Gear Oil alone should do it. I have been running AMS Oil for over ten years and the severe gear in one of my favorite fluids. I have never had any issues with all oils either, motor oil, diff fluids or trans fluids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts