Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Duramax enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Subd for good info

·
Most Known Unknown
29,453 Posts
I'm ready to order an HID kit Nick, like we talked about :)

35 watt 6000K that'll fit my 2012 silverado 2500HD, and any mounting hardware you think would be best :thumb

Let me know when your ready, I'd like to install next week :)

·
Most Known Unknown
29,453 Posts
And can you get the same kit for my 2008 silverado 1500 (low beam) as well?

35 watt, 6000K with any mounting hardware you suggest

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And can you get the same kit for my 2008 silverado 1500 (low beam) as well?

35 watt, 6000K with any mounting hardware you suggest

Give us a call when you get a chance and I'll help you place the order: (314) 205-3033 ext. 206

Our HID conversion kits come with a heavy duty relay and mounting hardware

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my reverse lights and license plate bulbs installed and love them!!

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-performance-parts-discussion/322145-jwcs-lml-silverado-thread-670.html#post6349538

Also got my 4300K kit installed on the Gray Gasser today, soooooo easy with zero issues!

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-performance-parts-discussion/322145-jwcs-lml-silverado-thread-674.html#post6358274

Thanks again Nick :thumb
Awesome! Thanks for the writeup!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sent you a PM :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thank you Nick for getting back to me so fast. I ordered a pair of the 4led work lights and an led dome light.

I'm anxiously waiting for the cool white 194 style bulbs to come out that ypu mentioned to finish off the rest of my interior lighting. So when they come available be sure and post it up in here and I will order several of them.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Looking for a 912( that's what's stamped on it) outside cargo light bulb in cool whitethat shines into the bed as bright as I can possibly get it. It looks like a larger version of the 194.

BTW I absolutely love my 4led work lights I installed them in the bumper holes, they are insanely bright and extremely well built.

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking for a 912( that's what's stamped on it) outside cargo light bulb in cool whitethat shines into the bed as bright as I can possibly get it. It looks like a larger version of the 194.

BTW I absolutely love my 4led work lights I installed them in the bumper holes, they are insanely bright and extremely well built.
Thank you for your support!

The 912 bulb is actually a 921, which we do offer here on our site: 921 - Bulbs By Size - Lighting

Here's a video example of the installation on a Ram 1500:

Should be a very simple installation :neener

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I got the reverse bulbs in, decided to wait on the cargo lights to see how bright some of the other exterior light was before I made a decision on intensity for the cargo lights.

But I must say the reverse bulbs are awesome! They are very bring but not obnoxious. Very happy with them, thanks again!

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the reverse bulbs in, decided to wait on the cargo lights to see how bright some of the other exterior light was before I made a decision on intensity for the cargo lights.

But I must say the reverse bulbs are awesome! They are very bring but not obnoxious. Very happy with them, thanks again!
Thanks for ordering with us!

Have you posted any pictures with them installed? :thumb

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I will snap a few pictures of my work lights actually I'm very proud of how they turned out. So wicked custom but yet so factory.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts