Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what have you guys done or what do you guys do to get the dirt out of your windows as it makes a terrible screeching sound when they get rolled up and down not to mention scratch the S*** out of the glass. i tried using a ruler with a rag along with some cleaning stuff it got quite a bit out but there is still some noises haha

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought I was alone with this one. I'm going to clay bar the glass too.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I've taken off the inside window swipe a few times to clean it off, but it keeps coming back.

I'm wondering if the noise could be coming from somewhere else?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
ya, that's about the only other place I could think of. it's pretty tight access in there, I couldn't really see anything out of the ordinary.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
that's the thing, I can't seem to even see any dirt and dust! It's effing up my tint.. :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
A long time ago, I've heard of guys putting wax in the tracks presumably to make the glass slide better when the felt wore out. I don't know if I'm ready to go that far just yet.

·
Registered
686 Posts
ya sounds like the hard rubber edge and the window hitting ...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
my tint already peeled off this winter on the drivers side because of it...i use the rubber tipped blow gun with my air compressor about once a week

·
Registered
102 Posts
Once you get it cleaned keep them sprayed with silicone spray every time you detail the truck. It keeps that rubber from getting hard. I think thats what happened to my last truck. The rubber got stiff and kept catching the tint and pulling on the edges. Just my $.02 for what its worth.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I only take a damp rag and clean all the way around the window track and it works for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Once you get it cleaned keep them sprayed with silicone spray every time you detail the truck. It keeps that rubber from getting hard. I think thats what happened to my last truck. The rubber got stiff and kept catching the tint and pulling on the edges. Just my $.02 for what its worth.
Does the silicone cause the window to get greasy streak marks?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I clean the felt that touches the outside of the glass every few months.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
i need to clean mine they make a nice screeeeeeech when the window goes up or down

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
isnt it just a beautiful screeeeeech at that haha i will try out the compressor

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does the silicone cause the window to get greasy streak marks?

No the silicone spray doesn't leave a streak or collect dust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts