Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed the egr blocker plate and my truck throws the code now. Not worried about that cuz I will be getting efi live next month. My question is do I need to manually disable it? I read somewhere about blocking a vacuum hose but qhich one. The only lines I see are coolant lines?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't know anything about blocking a vacuum hose, but it seems most guys just remove the vacuum pump and install the slightly shorter fed emissions belt. And then as you said turn off the code with EFI Live.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so if I'd removed the pump I can just remove that vacuum line from it as well? Without it causing vacuum problems elsewhere?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Like I said I just don't know anything about blocking a line. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can't remove the vacuum pump it don't have anything to do w/egr valve that works with elec connection. Just wait until you get efi and delete egr!

·
Registered
849 Posts
You can't remove the vacuum pump it don't have anything to do w/egr valve that works with elec connection. Just wait until you get efi and delete egr!
I think OP has an Lb7, in which case the vacuum pump operates the egr valve and is typically removed when deleting the egr:rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea from what I've read it u remove the pump and change the belt to a fed emissions belt. But I am yet to read what to do with the vacuum line coming off the pump.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Can I drive it with the vacuum pump hooked up or do I run the risk of causing a problem. If so wut do I do with the vacuum line?

·
Registered
849 Posts
There aren't that many Cali. emissions owners posting on here regularly, so sometimes it takes a little longer to get an answer.

·
Registered
684 Posts
This one is funny! The ONLY function of the vacuum pump is EGR and yes that's on the LB7. It has NO other function.
There are also federal emissions trucks running around with an EGR and cat namely clean fuel fleet among others. In other words, it is not only a CA animal. If you have FE9, you are good to go.
You CAN drive with the vacuum pump going, but why would you put up with the noise. I took mine off. Now it sounds like a true LB7.
EFI can stop the entire EGR from functioning and is the way to go. In the mean time, don't worry about the vacuum present if the pump is still attached and functioning with the blocker plate installed. PM me if you have questions. I know this system forward and back.

·
Registered
849 Posts
And there you have it OP:thumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts