Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my 2020 GMC Dinali Duramax for three months now 5000 miles. The truck is great but there has to be a way to disable all of the safety features. I’m not talking about tuning the truck. These are the things I’m looking to Change if anyone has any insight or knowledge of how to do this stuff please let me know.

Disabling the 15 minute idling time. The reason I would like to do this is because I leave my dog in my truck when it’s cold/hot and I will leave the heat or the AC on for him. But now with this 15 minute Thing the truck shuts off. Even if I leave the key in the truck.

Also disabling traction control and stability track completely! This is probably my biggest pet peeve of this truck! Holding the stability track button down till it shuts everything off “supposedly” does not work. Once you go over 20mph it reengages everything. Kind of defeating the purpose of me shutting it off. If I kick the truck out sideways it will apply the breaks which is way more dangerous when I’m sideways flooring the truck to correct it! There has to be a way to completely disable this! What are you supposed to do if you get stuck in the snow or mud.

Here is a situation I was in. Dirt road about 2” of soup mud then about 5” of fresh snow on top of that I have to go 5miles. A lot of up hills and uphill turns. Going 5-20mph is not going to get you through any of this. You need speed and momentum. This truck in what it calls “off road mode”, and me holding down traction control and stability track till they both turn off. I start on the gravel road get up to 30mph I hit the mud and snow, get to the first uphill right hander and the truck starts applying breaks! I had to back back down the hill and try again. Now I’m in 4wd I look at the gauge cluster on the next attempt. And the whole time the traction control light was just flashing! I couldn’t get to were I needed to go because of this!

So pretty much this truck is just a glorified Prius with a pick up bed! Because to me it’s now worthless as a truck! It got me pretty upset because I had to go back to my house and grab my 08 2 Wheel Drive F250 Gas job and take that up this road!

There has to be a way to completely disable this feature! There’s a few other things that bother me about this truck but I just want to focus on just these two!

Anybody with insight please chime in

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Stability control shouldn't kick back in til it reaches 35 mph. If it's kicking back in a 20, something is wrong with it.

Speed increase shouldn't cause Traction control back in.

Putting it in 4wd low will shut off both.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stability control shouldn't kick back in til it reaches 35 mph. If it's kicking back in a 20, something is wrong with it.

Speed increase shouldn't cause Traction control back in.

Putting it in 4wd low will shut off both.....
What about in 2wheel drive? There have to be something that can be done to completely disable this feature!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts