Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got ready to pull the trigger on an Edge insight CTS 3 for monitoring my 06 LBZ. Got to looking at what all it would monitor and couldnt find anything on balance rates. One of the main reasons I wanted it. Well, that and an EGT probe. Called Edge today and they confirmed. No balance rates for the LBZ.

Do any of you know of a monitor that includes balance rates? Or would I have to go with a Tech 2 or something of the sort?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
HntnFsh

·
Super Moderator
761 Posts
My Edge Insight CTS2 has balance rates and I believe the Insight CTS3 does as well...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I could swear the CTS2 and 3 would do balance rates on the LBZ. Why would they omit them?!

·
Super Moderator
761 Posts
Bummer... Checking the Edge website and Balance Rates for LBZ is only listed under the CTS2. I would call Edge and ask if the CTS3 can check balance rates and if they say no, see if you can exchange it for a CTS2?

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Don't know if they fixed the issue, but Edge EGT probes used to be notorious for high failure rates.

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
53 Posts
I have a cts2 with the egt probe on my lbz so far so good. I wish the touch screen was better then what it is but it works

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a CS2 (smaller one) with the EAS EGT so far so good in my 2010 LMM. Been installed about a year now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, after 2 phone calls and an email I'm thinking that either the CTS3 or the CS2 will work for balance rates. My first conversation with them was a no. My second one was a yes, and my email today was a yes! Now I have it documented if I order and it doesnt work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Press diagnostics on the CTS3 to see balance rates and trouble codes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts