Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for some brackets for a set of ditch lights. Is there anyone out there making brackets that will mount to the hood hinges? Id like to run one or two sets of 3" pods. Have any of you just made your own? How is the clearance for the hood when open? Pictures would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mount them in your tow mirrors

·
Registered
619 Posts
Google “2008 Silverado hood light bracket”. Several options come up...it’s a very simple bracket, anybody with fab skills and a few tools could make a set very cheap. Kinda got me thinking my truck needs some HmmMMmm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased Baja Designs' brackets for my 2012 Silverado 1500. A bit of cowl cutting to get them to work perfectly when the hood opens, but they help me light up the ditches/see over snow banks with an LED pod on each. Thinking about getting a set for my 2008 2500HD as well.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mount them in your tow mirrors
This was a thought i had in the past. Anyone have pix of this done? I placed them in the mirror at one point to see how well they would fit. Normal pods didnt look right but maybe some flush mounted ones?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wouldn’t buy anything Aurora brand. I had a set of their led light bars on my 2015 and they would not warranty them for burnt out leds in less than 9 months. They blamed me for the issue saying that I had submerged them or I didn’t install them right, ect. I think I just gave up after the 4th excuse of why they wouldn’t warranty them. These lights were on a pavement princess that if the lights were submerged the truck would have to be in 4 ft of water. If you don’t care about a warranty, buy Aurora products. Sorry for the rant. Please continue. Lol.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have seen flush mount on the back side of the mirror and i Have also seen pods mounted in between the 2 pieces that go to the mirror assembly. Cant remember who did the flush mount but i know of the guy that did the pods between the pieces to the assembly.

Google "johnny huie duramax"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts