Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am not going to be doing any towing is it safe to run the banks big hoss bundle on the stock transmission?

As for lifting the truck I am wondering what kind of problems I will run into with the durability of the transmission if I go with something like 35 inch tires. Does this mess with the computer/shift points etc. If so can it all be fixed by swapping rear end gears. Also how much would a 4 inch lift with
35s and 20 inch rims hurt acceleration performance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would say the banks is one of the safest programmers out there because it does moniter your transmission for slippage and temp. A 4 inch lift with 35s will very slightly increase the load on your tranny but so little it shouldn't hardly effect the durability. The lift and tires won't do anything to the shift points but it will through off your speedo, but the banks programmer can adjust that. 35s will hurt your acceleration a little bit but with the banks you will more than make up for the loss.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my friend ran 38 with no rear end gears and it was still pretty quick he swapped tehm fo 4 56 and that thing would pull on my d-max with 33s

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 35s with no gear change, or programmer and its plenty quick, but the truck came with the 4 inch lift and 35s so I never got to feel the stock acceleration. If you just want to lift it for the looks and daily driving you'll be fine with stock gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts