Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently opened a DIY auto repair shop in Midwest City OK and have had several BBQ's/meets for some local car forums/clubs and would LOVE to have a DMax gathering too!

We have parking for over 200 vehicles as the ENTIRE business park shuts down on the weekend except me so there is ample parking and no one else to whine about us. Additionally, we can and have had ppl bring BBQ's to the shop and cook for the event.

Any thoughts on having a Dmax meet/BBQ/Wrench-on-your-truck day at our shop? We have 6-8500lb assymetrical lifts so you can get your truck up in the air and do whatever work/maintenance you like while you are here and have lots of other Dmax owners here to help you figure it out :)

www.theshadetreediy.com is my site and we are at 1279 n. Air Depot Blvd Midwest CIty ok and we provide all the lifts, tools, and parts for any motorcycle, car, truck, boat repair or maintenance. We support DIY workers who want to save money by doing it themselves. DIY Truck repair in OKC and DIY boat repair since we have a pneumatic fluid evacuator to allow u to suck out the oil through the dipstick instead of pulling engine off the transom...

Let me know if this sounds like something you guys would like to do and we will GLADLY support the meet with NO OBLIGATION to pay or buy anything.. just good-old support for the community with NO expectations for any type of return or payment.

By The Way, here is a video a local club member made during their meet:

·
Registered
153 Posts
when are u plannin on it i live out in jenks and could come out there some weekend when i visit family in norman

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm open as to when.. this weekend is a big Import car event on SUnday but other than that, I am gauging interest to see if people would like to do this and then we can set up details.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I live up in Edmond and I think that sounds like it would be a cool event. Id come for sure

·
Registered
177 Posts
im down for it and u guys should come up to tulsa raceway parks one weekend

·
Registered
62 Posts
post up the time and I will try and make it

im down for it and u guys should come up to tulsa raceway parks one weekend
EFItuned6.6 let me know when you guys all go out to the raceway

·
Registered
177 Posts
for me ill prolly go next week for the midnites and idk bout joel im sure he will be there i got alot of friends that mite come and bring there diesels of every make and model lol including a dakota lol

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
If I'm off, I would try to make it too!

·
Registered
153 Posts
justin you know im goin to the midnights soon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well hell, make it the 24th then! April 24th at my shop at say, 3pm you guys can rustle up all teh smokers you can find in the area and we can have a big-ole Diesel-powered get together.. and in case someone gets the itch, there are two-three nice stretches of straight asphalt to test you rig.. though this is OF COURSE NOT CONDONED lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
dang i cant make that man ive got a family dinner that night

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'll prob swing in and say hi but can't on the 24th. I'm also on okgmp and theonepercent. Didn't know you had a ******* side too. haha!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll prob swing in and say hi but can't on the 24th. I'm also on okgmp and theonepercent. Didn't know you had a ******* side too. haha!
yeah, I LOVE diesels trucks.. and can't STAND to drive gas-powered ones unless it's the little kind like I have for my lil shop truck... but this Dmax is about to get tuned at APS by Bo.. he already has the tune but his cable is messed up so waiting for a new one. Stop by the shop sometime and check it out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts