Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here. I have been around diesels for a while now, but have never owned one of my own. I have an 08 that is now nearing the end of the warranty and want to start doing some mods (dpf delete, efi live, etc) and this seems like a great place to learn about it. I pretty much know what I want, its just a matter of a warranty expiration and who the vendor will be. Anyone looking to give some pointers, Im all ears. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would definitely go EFILive. Who you go with is up to you. I recommend IdahoRob from Adrenaline Truck Performance. He got my business and will continue to as my needs change. Ditch the DPF and go with a downpipe back exhaust, like an MBRP. Don't waste your money on an intake yet, the stock one is sufficient until about 600HP. Not sure what your goals are, but this is a solid start. I would also strongly consider an AirDog II lift pump, but it is not necessary.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome bob! I would most defiantly recommend efi live by Idaho rob at ATPtrucks.com. He's very amazing with what he does. Do a strait pipe and it depends if your wanting to go pretty fast or not but I would recommend a built tranny to start off with so your not wondering when it will give out! I know it's a lot but I promise it's worth it :)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A lot of our vendors here are EXTREMELY helpful. Most any of them can give you great transactions that you will be happy with. I also chose to go through Rob and Dustin with ATP for my EFI live setup, and couldn't be happier. But by all means do your own research and come up with whoever best suits your needs. I'd just recommend the basics as firefighter recommended, but also add in a pcv reroute and egr block/delete just for durability mods.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
7,861 Posts