Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal....i have an 06 duramax.....in the morning when i start her up she puts out a little white smoke and then eventually not too much after that it goes away......next....also when i start the truck up in the morning the oil pressure goes to 60psi and then when the truck warms up when i let it idle the oil pressure goes back down to 30psi....but when i drive its back at 60psi is that bad? lastly....my front end has a little bit of a clank in it when the tires are articulating and what not i can hear a little noise and feel it in the steering wheel....any help would be great thanks so much guys :help

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
when i get up to temp and all that my PSI is below 30 at idle...and when going about 65 it is just beloww 60

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The clunk is the Intermediate Steering Shaft

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh great thanks guys........ok whats the intermediate steering shaft?....is it hard to change?.....and how much approximatly?.....also whats the white smoke in the morning? thanks

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
How many miles are on your truck?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my truck has 95,000 miles

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The white smoke is fuel. The intermediate shaft is cheap. I let the dealer do mine and it was only 120 bucks i think. Less than 1 hour labor.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh wow ok great thanks man i appreciate it

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
No problem.
If the smoke doesn't clear up when it gets warmer out or if it gets worse, I would have it checked out. Could be an injector going south.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it does clear up but thanks man i appreciate it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts